My sweet girl surprises me each day with how much she is growing and learning. With so much growth happening in such a short amount of time, I think it’s important to take a step back and appreciate all the little things that make our kids who they are.
The Little Things About Fin
1. She loves to read. I honestly can’t tell you how many times I’ve read each one of the books she owns, but I have Dr. Seuss’ ABCs memorized, if that says anything. It makes me happy that she has such a love for books and I hope that love continues to grow.
2. She will turn anything into a hat. Baskets, cupcake liners, a lettuce leaf. You name it, she will put in on her head and call it a hat.
3.Blankets are for hiding. Fin does not like to be covered when she sleeps. She actually thinks her feet are “stuck” and starts to panic. However, during wake times, she will crawl under any blanket and tell you she is “hiding.” It’s quite adorable.
4. She knows what she wants, when she wants it. So, this can actually drive me crazy at times because it means that, at only 18 months old, she fights me on everything. I am proud and fascinated though to see what a strong-willed little person she is.
5. She doesn’t like to go anywhere without her monkey. She sleeps with it, eats with it, and attempts to bathe with it.
6. She is friendly…at a distance. Fin will wave at every passing person at the store and tell strangers, “I love you.” But, as soon as someone talks directly to her, her shyness appearing and she goes dead silent. The sudden change always cracks me up.
What are some of your favorite “little things” about the littles in your life? Let me know in the comments below.